Saturday, 3 March 2012

soup season



There's no prizes for guessing what's on the menu this evening.

I've mentioned plenty of times before just how much I love making soup. I can take or leave the eating of it, but making it makes me feel virtuous. Luckily the menfolk of the house love their soups so I get plenty of opportunity for whipping up a batch.

One of my favourite retail day dreams is opening a soup cafe. I'd have about five different varieties to choose from along with a few different types of homemade bread. Yum.
This fantasy ranks second only to my knitting shop idea. I'd stock a variety of hard to find yarns, beautiful needles (no nasty cheap ones) and some interesting knitting related books. As well as new books I'd also have a book exchange / second hand department. All this book browsing will require some squishy couches and as it can be thirsty work, perhaps a coffee machine and a few biscuits / cakes would be good too. I haven't quite figured out how the drinks / food will be separated from the wool (could be disastrous!!), but that will come.

My mental picture shows a combination of Fitzroy's Books for Cooks and Central Perk. I'm Rachel, naturally. (Must grow hair...). I think we need an open fire too. And rugs. Definitely rugs.

Anyone want to come to the weekly knit along? The fantasy me is a great hostess, full of witty anecdotes as well as the font of all knitting knowledge. How could it not work??

5 comments:

vanilla pixie (Carley) said...

Oh, your dream sounds divine! I would be there in a flash!

Soup, good. Coffee, good. Yarn, goooood.

Fairlie said...

Your soup cafe reminds me of that Seinfeld episode...

Would you be the Melbourne soup nazi?

:)

Melody said...

ooo that sounds lovely. There 'used' to be a soup cafe/kitchen in Chapel Street (windsor/Prahan end) - is it still there I wonder? But they didn't have knitting needles nor big couches, so probably not.

FoodbLubber said...

Hey! That's MY dream! Should have known I wouldn't be original :)

I LOVE making soup (and I make pretty awesome soup even if I do say so myself) and playing with yarn.

I've just started blogging. eat1purl1.blogspot.com

Sllina said...

Durable, soft and light, Moncler jackets are waterproof. If you think these down jackets are only beautiful on models, you are totally wrong! Moncler jackets are available in many sizes and designs. You can surely find Moncler vest and moncler accessories what you are looking for. If you happen to have young kids, this is just one of the many ways wholesalers cut down the commissions for thecustomers on high quality Moncler clothing- Moncler women jackets is one of those names, which have well realised the seasonal needs and so have created the frays which can keep a person warm during the freezing iciness. You cannot forget this opportunity to decorate your young kids more fashionable. Choose a Moncler kids that young kids comes in different Moncler t shirt to joy the recent trend sense of your children.



Herve leger
Herve leger gowns
Herve leger bandage
Herve leger skirts
Herve leger strapless dress
Herve leger V neck
Herve leger strap dress
Herve leger slim strap dress
Herve leger single strap
white Herve leger
yellow Herve leger
pink Herve leger


Herve Leger dress takes advantage of hot hude for female outfit in 2011 spring and summer. Herve leger bandage design joins the hollow effect to make women's lithe and graceful body more sexy and charming.