Monday, 1 November 2010

ishbel. finished.


When reading, I have a strict one book at a time policy. Knitting, however, is a different proposition and I like to have different projects to suit the mood.

Ishbel, Ysolda Teague's enormously popular shawl, I decided would be an excellent holiday knit. Small enough to not require a huge knitting bag, large enough to last the whole holiday. Easy enough to withstand a few holiday wines, challenging enough to keep me interested.

Like all lace knits, it really came to life with a good blocking. (For the non knitters, blocking is the process of soaking, then laying out and pinning out the finished article to dry. A light iron sometimes is required as well).

Nowhere is it documented that the input of a cat is required.



I really must tell Harvey that.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow - that looks great! I really must finish the one that is on the needle.

Stomper Girl said...

Looks great Stacey, and I love the wool colour too. But you can't keep a kitty away from wool, it's impossible.

Starry said...

I love this! I found your blog link on a flickr group discussion... I'm thrilled to see you are another Australian etsy and madeit seller.

Dephect Clothing said...

I found it interesting! I must try it sometimes.. and the cat looks cute with it!