Thursday, 23 September 2010

the most popular girl at the dance


I've taken a break from knitting up next winter's samples to knit an Ishbel. Is there a more popular project on Ravelry? I get now what all the fuss is about. It is such an easy pattern and is coming along so quickly.

I'm using the One Fat Slug yarn I bought from Kate at the Stitches and Craft Show. It's funny how colours look differently in the skein to in a ball to when knitted up. The knitting has really brought out the shade variation and I'm seeing hints of purple and green that I had not noticed before.


I finally weakened and bought the full set of Knit Pro wooden tips. I ended up selling the metal tips as they were just too sharp for me and I was getting splits in my finger tips from endless hours of contintental knitting which (the way I do it anyway) requires that the tip of the needle be occassionally given a push with an index finger.

I do love the look of the wooden ones and I'm wondering whether I could leave the needles in my knitting and wear it that way, with the needle tips slung jauntily over one shoulder? No?



More Creative Spaces here.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Looking good! Those tips are pretty. I would like to give them a try some time. I have just pulled out an Ishbel I started last year - I do love that pattern

Stomper Girl said...

I think I was with you when you bought that yarn! Looks lovely so far, as do those groovy needles.

Mookah said...

Should i declare my ignorance by telling you that i don't even know what an ishbel is? Love the colour though & look forward to seeing the finished project!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

So funny … the last post I was reading was Bellsknits saying Ishbel was too hard and she’d never try again. It just goes to show how different we all are because I don’t see Bells as a beginner by a long shot.

I just bought a pair of exactly the same wooden circulars. I thought about getting the metals and I don’t know why I chose the woodens. They don’t have the satisfying click of metals … which I love. And they feel softer and spongy.

samantha said...

Struggling at the moment with metal, those wooden tips look beautiful. Another purchase?! Ishbel is looking lovely so far.