Thursday, 13 May 2010

my creative space


I really should be calling this Kate's Creative Space as the beautiful yarn shown here was hand dyed by Kate from One Flat Slug.

Meeting Kate was for me one of the highlights of the recently completed Stitches and Craft Show. The Show's been more than adequately covered on other blogs so I won't say much more here other than I manned the It's a Purl Thing Bar for a couple of days.

The people wanting to crochet far outweighed the knitters so I don't think I was much use. I did manage to pick up the basics of crochet myself and then pass it on to a few unsuspecting people who probably assumed I knew what I was talking about. Cathy mentioned to me the phrase "fake it until you make it." I certainly faked it and I can only hope those I taught are now able to make it.

Back to the yarn and I'm not sure what I will do with it. I was taken in by the colour - my colour of the moment I think. A quick scan of my wardrobe confirms that at least 50% of everything I've bought in the last year is in the navy / charcoal band.

I bought a copy of Victorian Lace Today recently, so I'm sure to find something in there that will do justice to the gorgeous yarn.

More Creative Spaces over here.

8 comments:

Naomi said...

What a yummy colour, I want to eat it! Whatever you make will be gorgeous.

tikki said...

it is lovely yarn, isn't it. I picked up some at S&C too. Kate really is sooo lovely!!!

I look forward to seeing what you create with it.

Kate said...

I am going to properly learn to crochet one day. Anything more than granny squares confuses me. Glad you like the yarn and it was so nice to meet you in person, would have been great to have a proper chat.

Kirsty said...

Superb colour! I can't wait to see your finished something.

Stomper Girl said...

Thanks for letting me hang with you. I thought apart from the hint of "yikes' in your eye when people announced they wanted to crochet, that you looked completely professional with the little hook!

Posie Patchwork said...

I would have let you teach me how to knit my love, oh, i would have been your most adoring & enthusiastic student. Nice wool, love Posie

Fairlie said...

I *love* the ide of faking crochet instruction.

Jo's Place said...

I've noticed there have been heaps of posts lately about crochet, looks like it may be on a major come back.

Love that intense blue of that yarn, it's lovely.