Monday, 24 May 2010

fudgy, chewy, yummy


There was a time when I could not walk past a Mrs Field's Cookies shop without stopping in for one or two. Wanting to recreate them at home I tried a few different recipes, with these ones below coming the closest to replicating the fudgy chewiness of the original. This no doubt is due to the copious amount of butter and brown sugar in the recipe. They’re bad, but in a very, very good way.

I usually rail against Americanisms creeping into our every day language, but I feel these really are more of a cookie than a biscuit.

Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
125g butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
275g brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/4 cup SR flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup choc bits
1/2 cup chopped choc melts
  • Preheat oven to 180c. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper
  • Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted flours, soda and cocoa powder and chocolate pieces.
  • Drop rounded teaspoons of mix onto baking sheets, allowing room to spread. Flatten slightly.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on trays for five minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Enjoy. They're particularly good broken up and served with vanilla icecream.

I can't give credit for the recipe as I don't remember where it came from. I have a sneaking suspicion I photocopied it from a book left at work by one of those travelling book selling companies.

Don't say you've never done it.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Yummo! I love those Mrs. Field's bikkies so I am definately going to give this a whirl. Ta!! :)

muser said...

I made these today, from your recipe. My first trayload overcooked so were crunchy, but still nice. The second load was juuuuust right. :)

Yum.

Louise said...

Yummy is right - will have a crack at these tomorrow! And yes I too have done it!

Fairlie said...

You had me at the word, 'fudgy'.

韋于倫成 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

home based businesses said...

that looks heavenly delicious. Yummy! I can feel my mouth watering at the sight. have a pleasant day.