Saturday, 7 March 2009

greetings from showbag central


With only a few days to go before the Melbourne Stitches and Craft Show, the dining room has become preparation headquarters.

Showbag stuffing is well underway and participants in the Kids' Introduction to Knitting Classes Part 1 will be receiving all the goodies shown below. Those that also attend Part 2 - Learn to Make Your Own Scarf will receive another three balls of yarn - enough to make a lovely warm scarf. Attendees at the Learn to Knit for Adults Classes also receive the kit as shown, with four balls of yarn.


Be sure to visit the Stitches and Craft website for a full rundown of events. Hope to see you there!


10 comments:

niftyknits said...

brilliant! the more people who learn to knit the better...well, as long as they don't sell on etsy ;-)

M+B said...

Looks like a lot of fun (and a lot of preparation for you).

Have fun...

Melody said...

Cool!

Have a great time and I would love to attend (show me how to knit properly!) but you know, bit hard when you're in the middle east. Bugger.

Fairlie said...

Very exciting. And looks like a lot of work...

M said...

Excuse me while I regain my composure. Just had a nasty little flashback to showbag stuffing before last year's school fete.

I'm okay. I'm okay. Breathe deeply...

KikiMiss said...

Looks like a tonne of fun to me, I quite enjoy stuffing bags & envelopes. Sad sack aren't I?!!

Wish you could teach me how to knit, how about doing a YouTube tutorial for a fee ;-)

Stomper Girl said...

You are going to need a holiday after this. I hope you made the kids help.

Bec said...

Woo hoo!!!! Wish I could teleport myself down to Melb to take part in one of your tutorials. I'm such a crap knitter - would love some 'in person' inspiration!!!!
Good luck with it - I'm sure you'll be a huge hit :D

Eleanor said...

Well.... I HAVE managed to teleport myself down to Melbourne, Mary sent me to say hi. So I'm really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!!

Jhoanna said...

It was great to meet you Stacey - hope your workshops were a huge hit!