Sunday, 10 August 2008

this is.... my work in progress


Today, being such a wet and cold day in Melbourne, has been excellent for making inroads on some projects.

This commissioned scarf has grown by about 60cm whilst watching the Olympics this morning. It was requested that it be as chunky as possible, so has been knitted on 12mm needles from two strands of 16 ply thick thin merino wool. Its proving to be a quick knit indeed. Its so lovely, soft and cozy that I might just not want to send it to its new home.

Now that the biscuits pictured below have been baked, the boys and I are making excellent progress on polishing them off. These peanut butter choc chip biscuits are just about the easiest biscuits I have ever made and they are divine. The original recipe did not include the choc chips, but I am yet to find a biscuit recipe that is not improved by a handful or two of chocolate. The recipe should yield about 24, but as the salty / sweet / chocolatey combination makes the yummiest dough, we baked about 16.


3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup softened butter
2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup choc chips (optional, but not)

Preheat oven to 175 C. Cream butter and sugar on high with an electric mixer. When fluffy, add the peanut butter and mix until well combined. Add egg. Mix through flour and finally choc chips.
Roll a small tablespoon full into balls and place on lined baking trays. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 minutes if you like the chewy, 20 if you prefer crunchy.
Let cool on cake racks.
They are particularly yummy when still warm and the chocolate is all gooey.

Thanks to Kept in a Jar for this week's great theme and to Angela, Queen Bee of the This Is.

10 comments:

Linda said...

oh yum these look wonderful, a must try recipe I think!

Melody said...

*Melody jots down the recipe*

I must make these. Chewy of course.

The scarf looks very cosy indeed...Love a good scarf and I know I'll be needing more (I own a lovely hand knitted one that I got my mum's girlfriend to knit me) since we're moving to rather chilly Brissy... *brrr* Just how will I survive those low of 5 degrees? Oh yes, I do remember. you stay in bed as long as possible.

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

Sorry, that was me!

Suse said...

I've had a solid knitting afternoon too. But I'm impressed with the idea of 16ply knitted double! That must surely fly!

CurlyPops said...

Thanks for the biccie recipe. That one's printed out and heading straight for my kitchen!

bluemountainsmary said...

Just when I think the diet must start today something like this recipe comes along!

Dang it!

Jelly Wares said...

Thanks for the cookies recipe... I love peanut butter and can't wait to give this one a try..

Jodie :)

Jamie Ferraioli said...

ooh, those cookies look too good!

M said...

I have a question. How long do you knit your scarves? Mine are a great length when I knit them but they GROW as they get used. One of my friends is wearing a scarf I knitted and, with use, it is now dragging along the ground a la Tom Baker's Dr Who.