Tuesday, 22 July 2008

the toy society


In some very exciting news, I am soon to be the lucky recipient of some toys to giveway as part of The Toy Society. If you haven't yet checked out this fantastic project as run by Bianca from Sadie and Lance, get yourself over there soon.

I've been busy scouting locations for the drop. Is it to be outside the local library? Perhaps down near the beach or the railway station?

I initially thought of the playground near home, but someone set fire to it a while back. I hope they burned themselves in the process. Why would someone do that? It was probably the same people who throw beer cans into our front garden at least once a fortnight.

At least the beer cans are empty. A few years back we came home after being on holidays to find someone had thrown tins of asparagus and tomato pieces over the fence. Full tins, mind you. Oh, and dishwasher tablets. Very strange.

We agonised long and hard over whether we should use the tins or not. In the end we did and no harm came to us. I chose not to use the tablets though as a dishwasher repair man costs a lot more than a trip to the doctor.

To the perpetrator, whole tomatoes would be good next time, and would a few tins of crab meat kill you?

13 comments:

Fairlie said...

How truly bizarre. The work of the canned goods fairy perhaps?

Mrs. G. said...

Those bunnies are too damn cute.

Stomper Girl said...

Maybe they stole someone's grocery bag and just kept the timtams for themselves....

Playground arson is just wrong and bad. They'll earn some bad karma for that.

Hoppo Bumpo said...

I think the tomatoes and asparagus were probably a drop from the Tinned Food Society!

h&b said...

and then they come to our house and egg the joint ( last week ). Scared the crap out of me, but at least it wasn't personal as I heard the pop-pop of ohter houses being similarly 'got'.

Then my husband chased them down in the car, and made them fall down and graze themselves on the asphalt near the park. Oh how we laughed - I should have blogged about it - it was a ripper night.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Did she feed the dog a Danish perhaps ?

xx

Rosebud Collection said...

What cute bunnies..Don't you wonder sometimes what goes through a persons mind?..Setting fire to a playground.
Now, throwing tins full of food..bring it on...

bluemountainsmary said...

Not absolutely convinced I would have eaten the contents. J would have though.

One of our playgrounds was torched last year - it is very shocking to see -

Cathy said...

funny post! :))

Louise said...

They are probably mates of the d'heads who burnt down my niece's little Primary School last week!!

joanne said...

bloody hell that is sooooo annoying - atleast they could have thrown over a freshly cooked sheperds pie or something

meet me at mikes. a happy place for crafty types said...

Stacey! You're quoted on page 2 of the Green Guide today! But I'm sure you already know that!

Victoria said...

I think this post might have to go on the list of funniest posts ever!! It certainly cheered me up.

p.s. glad you liked your prints!

Jenny said...

Strange indeed! Love the little toys-hope they make someone happy