Saturday, 14 June 2008

cat and fish


The boys are participating in The Premier's Reading Challenge at the moment which has necessitated lots of trips to the local library.

One of the books selected this week is Cat and Fish by Joan Grant and illustrated by Neil Curtis.



I have completely fallen in love with Neil Curtis's gorgeous illustrations in this book. A bit of research has lead me to discover that Mr Curtis is a Melbourne boy. I haven't been able to find out much more about him, but would love to.

If by chance anyone has any details about him or where I might buy prints of his work, please do drop me a line. In the mean time, here's another pic from the book.

6 comments:

Fairlie said...

They are

Fairlie said...

hmmm...not sure what happened to the rest of my comment!

As I was saying...They are lovely. Try Books Illustrated in Middle Park. They sell originals and prints of children's illustrators' work and even if they don't have any of his, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jodie said...

Such a great book - One of my favourites.

Christie said...

I LOVE the cat & the fish books, the illustrations are fantastic.

the butterfly collector said...

beautiful book, i have picked it up in the bookstore many times! You can try here for prints!!! ...
http://www.booksillustrated.com.au/le_illustr_show.php?id=9&image_id=29

Jenny said...

I love this one too. The students at school do lovely drawings based on these illustrations and using only black on white.