Tuesday, 6 May 2008

etsy artist feature

The Dot Collection
I haven't done one of these once regular features for a while, however these gorgeous pendants caught my eye last week and I knew I had to share them here.

Ana from Shiny Black Shoes has been kind enough to send through a few words about herself and her creations. In her words:

Ablaze Pendant "Bonjour, my name is Ana, the woman behind Shiny Black Shoes. I'm a maker of fused glass goodies and other fun things. I am located in Ontario, Canada and work out of my home studio. Right now my obsession is with glass.

Most of my pendants are named after songs I like or listening to at the moment I'm creating. I'm inspired by music, art, anything really! I tend to like really simple, minimalist designs with a touch of mod. Most of my pieces are one of a kind. I often sketch out what I would like to do but sometimes I just like to experiment and not have a plan. Glass can be unpredictable, it's one of the things I love about it.

To read more about little ole me, please check out my blog."

I love how simple and elegant these pieces are and the almost liquid quality of the glass. They remind me of boiled lollies (sweets) which in my book, is always a good thing.

Just gorgeous, Ana.


6 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Do you know that you are responsible for my current necklace craze? I feel a purchase coming on. That red one has my name all over it. You are very generous to do this!

Victoria said...

I love how she names them after songs, very cool.

Fairlie said...

They are really lovely.

bluemountainsmary said...

Oh EXACTLY like boiled lollies!

Shiny Black Shoes said...

Thanks so much Stacey for featuring me on your lovely blog :)
Ana

KikiMiss said...

Isn't the last one exquisite, the colours are divine. Thanks for featuring this Etsy seller.