Monday, 3 December 2007

etsy artist feature

I used to run an "Etsy Artist of the Week" feature. But of late, I've been so verbose, its sort of slipped by the wayside. It seems my ability to run my mouth ad nauseum has extended to my blog.

I love the idea of being a 1950's housewife, well the fantasy, television version of one anyway. I am thinking Mrs Cleaver of Leave it to Beaver fame (cute kitchen, husband who arrives home at 5.00pm, bakelite cannisters, linoleum topped table), rather than the no microwave, one car, no late night shopping reality.

I love the 1950s style sundress look and I definitely have my eye on one of these babies by Melbourne designer Peta Pledger.


click to visit Peta Pledger's storePeta is primarily a designer dressmaker, making small runs and one off pieces of pretty garments influenced by the 1950's, Rock n' Roll and Melbourne's tattoo culture.

Peta has recently completed a t-shirt collaboration with Melbourne artist Gemma Jones. The baby and adult tees will form part of a series of limited edition projects that Peta and Gemma will create. Peta welcomes all enquiries and can be contacted through her Etsy store.

click to visit Peta Pledger's store
This one's definitely on my Christmas list!


click to visit Peta Pledger's store

9 comments:

Cathy said...

i haven't done an etsy feature in ages either! thanks for sharing this one. i LOVE 1950's style dresses! sometimes i wish people still dressed like the 60's never happened :) and the 70's, and 80's etc

Coco said...

omg, I NEED that dress!!! Great post!

M said...

Love the dress, and the t-shirt. I, too, love the 50s early 60s dresses. I drooled at the dresses in Hairspray.

Kirsty said...

It's ALL gorgeous but I especially like the dress.

Kirti said...

Yep Stacey I think we onto the same dress thing. and I love red and white spots!Great to see your blog.

Fairlie said...

That's a great etsy store! I love the 50s style of dresses. They so need heels though...and I'm not so good with heels. The t-shirt - fantastic!

Paz123 said...

Wow!! very nice... I love to buy my clothes from Gap store through couponalbum site with many coupons...

Men Leather Blazers said...

Its amazing. its really really a fantastic post. I love these kind of posts. Thanks for posting this.

Buy Leather Jackets,
Leather Skirts

Women Leather halter said...

i haven't done an etsy feature in ages either! thanks for sharing this one.