Tuesday, 7 August 2007

and loving it....

One of the first things my husband and I discovered about each other was a mutual love of Get Smart.


It's hard to believe this show was made over 40 years ago, especially if you have seen a recent photo of Barbara Feldon (Agent 99), she looks only about 15 years older than she did back then. Must be that clean LA air keeping her looking young...

As a kid, I had no idea of just how gorgeous she was and as for those clothes! I remember laughing at her "daggy" clothes back then, but now - I'd kill for some of those boots and dresses she wore.

It's funny how your perception changes.

Like I Dream of Jeanie. I loved her outfit and really wanted one, big time. I remember spending hours colouring in a long strip of paper to imitate that length of chiffon that hung from her hat thingy. I was obviously a non too bright child otherwise I would have at least used fabric, rather than paper.


Now, rather than the outfit, I'd much rather have the face or fantastic boobs that poked out the top of said outfit.

I wonder if our children will look back at Everyone Loves Raymond or Malcolm in the Middle with such nostalgia? Surely not!

4 comments:

KeelyB said...

I remember watching Get Smart as a very young child. I cant believe theyre coming out with a movie for it now, 40 years later! Its great!

KeelyB said...

Oh goodness...good luck with your car! Im sorry we are feeling the lack of car pain! I guess we will just have to focus on how great it will be when we get them back...and hopefully thats SOONER than later ; )

Cathy said...

oh, i wanted to be jeannie! lol i still do! oh, to be able to fold my arms, nod my head and be anywhere, have the house clean etc... a girl can only dream :)
(scrap4u)

posiepatchwork said...

Oh yes, i LOVED this show & funnily enough, while pregnant with numero uno in Darwin in 1998, we only had 1 commercial channel, & they played the entire series on weekends. Nothing like Get Smart to make your morning sickness funny. Then i remembered they got married & had twins on the show. My husband loves the show too, & next pregnancy, when we were told we were having twins i thought of Max & 99. Forget 99's fashion, her figure & flawless skin, she was incredible. I adored her & her clothes at the time & during all the repeats. You know, only last week i discovered Kaos was spelt with a "ch" thanks to my eldest's year 3 homework. Whoops!! Love Posie