Friday, 25 May 2007

doing a donna


A few weeks ago I wrote about how I'd really like a nice garden. I have a garden that is generally crappy, but with bits that are good in isolation. We some lovely old rose bushes, some of which are in flower. The roses have the most beautiful soft pink blooms on really long stems. The roses are just crying out to be cut and before I do, I thought I'd take a photo.

Another bit that's good is our lemon trees. I put this down to having two sons who think its a great laugh to wee on the lemon tree. They are both groaning with fruit at the moment which is a great excuse for me to make my absolute favourite Lemon Tart for dessert. It's a Donna Hay, recipe, from her Modern Classics 2 book. It is just the best thing, it looks really impressive and is dead easy to make. What more could you want?


6 comments:

knitsteel said...

You should be activated in the etsymom blogring now. Your lemons and roses are lovely. I'm drooling over that lemon tart...

annalaura said...

Ooh I love lemon tart! I made one about a year ago from Steph Alexander and they are SO good.

My little girls keep commenting on your hair ties, they think they are so cute.

Happy House Quilts said...

I can't find your etsymom code??? whaaaaa...i want to keep up with the ring...i'm doing previous tonight...boo hoo!

samantha said...

I love anything to do with lemons - in fact just lemons themselves got me through pregnancy, and now my daughter loves them too! I wish I could have a lemon tree.... one day.

Kelly McCants said...

Ok that is so funny about the boys and the tree. What is up with that! I mean just because you can...The house nextdoor to us was empty for a year my son got so used to weeing over there! He had a rude awakening when the lady moved in...Opps. you can imagin the rest!

when I was young we went to San Diego in the summers. My Uncle had a lemon tree in the front yard and an orange tree in the front yard. It was great. Lemonaide in the afternoon and fresh orange juice in the morning. My brother fought over picking the fruit!

What fun! eat a piece for me!

Kelly

Alis said...

Whenever I look at my rose now I will think of you so far away and how we both enjoy roses.
I would love a lemon tree. Will do some research to see if I could grow one here.