Saturday, 5 May 2007

mothers day treasures

click here to visit etsy store I love Mothers Day. I love it when the boys present me with something that they have made and the look of pride and anticipation on their dear little faces as they wait for me to unwrap the latest piece of sparkly, poster paint covered piece of 4x2. The little dears.
Last year was my first exposure to the school Mothers Day stall since the days when I would come home with a cake of soap and a toilet roll dolly for my own Mum. My elder son went off to school with his $10 zipped into his pocket and came home with two plastic bags full of gifts. He is still of the more is more school of gift giving. No doubt some mercenary girlfriend (or mother) will cure him of that in years to come. I have to say he did very well and gave a wide berth to the blue eye shadows and oven mitts that others seemed to get. My potted chrysanthemum didn't see June and the bread dough mirror with spring mounted bird has pride of place in the spare bedroom, but the spaghetti lifting implement comes out at least once a week.
Although at Sheeps Clothing we primarily do children's accessories, I received a custom order for a scarf for a Mothers Day gift. I hadn't used this colour yarn before, but the shades of purple, plum and dark green work really nicely together. I hope the Mum in question likes it, but I bet she won't treasure it like a hand painted, sparkle embellished piece of 4x2.

4 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

my, lucky about that blue eyeshadow. Nice post, and beautiful knitting.

I was wondering if you might be interested in contributing or know anyone who would be, 8 inch knitted or crocheted squares to the Hokie Healing Blanket Project, the squares will be used to make blankets to present to the families of the 33 killed at Virginia Tech on April 16, 2007. I have posted information about the project on my blog, please take a look if you are interested. Thank you.

Sandra Eileen

http://artisan-jewelry.blogspot.com/

samantha said...

I love the colours, and the wool looks luscious.

tigergirl said...

Too funny, I don't have children, so I don't get the weird Mother's Day presents but I know my Sisters do.

Oh, and I've tagged you too. Go to my blog at http://tigergirletsy.blogspot.com to see the rules

Kate said...

Gorgeous colours - lovely scarf. I can't wait for my girls to be old enough to make something sparkly I can treasure.