Wednesday, 25 April 2007

chocolate anzacs

I know I should have been baking Anzac biscuits yesterday, but these are just so nice and as they have rolled oats in them, they are in the Anzac tradition.
I received the recipe in one of those spurious emails that claim to be the genuine recipe as used by *insert well known biscuit chain here*. You know the story, someone has had a biscuit in the store, asked for the recipe and told they can buy it for $2.50 amount of dollars. When they get their credit card bill, it turns out $2.50 was actually $250, so as revenge they release the recipe to the world at large.
At the risk of giving credence to these dodgy emails, here's the recipe. I actually used left over Easter egg chocolate in here as I figure sampling from the Easter egg bag every time I go to the pantry is doing me no favours. Hope you enjoy them.

125g butter
160g chocolate chips
1 cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp. Bicarb soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup sugar
125g grated chocolate
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1 egg
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and bicarb. Add chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
Roll into balls, and place 5cm apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 °C.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I'd be more than happy for you to link to my blog off yours, thanks for asking :)

Hope you have fun with your new blog - it's really motivating to have a blog, I reckon.

Lara.